Wednesday, February 17, 2010

returning to work

I have left you and your dad to sort out how you will get along without me while I'm away for the day. I've missed you and plastered my desk with photos of you. But, I've resisted the urge to go home and see you - even though my office is just five minutes away.

But, it's been a few weeks. You and your dad have struck some kind of truce. So, I went home at lunch to see you guys. Your dad had you laying on his legs while he "exercised" you. He pulls your arms and legs and you playfully resist. And you were just so blissed out: smiling, flailing, vibrating with excitement. I don't know why I was worried.

You two are going to be just fine. Your dad may be a rookie, but he loves you like crazy. He plays with you all day.

The other day I called him to see how you were doing. He said he couldn't talk because you needed him. But he didn't hang up. He just set the phone down. So I listened to you cry. And I listened to him thoughtfully console you. It was so sweet to spy into how you guys are together when I'm not there. You don't cut him any breaks because he's new at this. But, he's learning fast. And doing great.

No comments:

Post a Comment